“Mum’s tauhu goreng is the epitome of deliciousness and her tauhu! Crispy on the outside, soft and creamy on the inside.”
~ A Day at Mummy’s Table: Recipes & Reminiscences
Keeping fit and healthy is really hard when your life is fat-paced. Try this amazing tauhu goreng or fried tofu recipe that is simple, quick and easy to make. Eat healthy doesn’t need to be difficult. Less is more!
- Tofu (Tauhu)
- Bean sprouts (Tauge)
- Cucumbers (Timun)
Ingredients for Sauce
- Palm sugar (Gula merah)
- Birds eye chillies (Cili padi)
- Garlic (Bawang Puteh)
- Sweet Soy Sauce (Kicap manis)
- Vinegar (Cuka)
- Peanuts – fried and pounded fine (Kacang)
- First make the sauce by mixing all ingredients.
- Deep fry tofu.
- Put bean sprouts through hot water.
- Slice cucumbers (julienne style).
- Assemble the deep fried tofu and place bean sprouts on top with slices of cucumber.
- Pour mixed sauce over tofu (best when tofu is still hot)
*To be served with boiled eggs, koochai