Whoever invented cream cheese frosting was a genius! Makes a pretty and delicious addition to cakes. This is my favourite way of making it.
- 250 gm of butter (softened)
- 250 gm cream cheese
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp good vanilla extract
- In mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and continue to mix for one minute.
- Sift in the icing sugar and continue beating until smooth. (Tip: Add more icing sugar one tablespoon at a time if you prefer a sweeter mixture. Taste after each addition until you’re happy with the sweetness.)
- All done and ready to spread or pipe onto your cakes.
Have fun piping this delicious cream cheese frosting onto your cakes!