Alamak, tomorrow is Valentine’s Day! Have you an emergency plan to go with? Well, this delicious strawberry marble pound cake is the perfect ‘last-minute’ Valentine’s day surprise!
Love is in the Air
February’s here and although the weather’s hot and unrelenting, one thing’s for sure, love is all around us. Couples everywhere are busy making plans, planning surprises and getting gifts, excitement building as the 14th is nearing.
As exciting and wonderful celebrating love is, we can’t deny the fact that love does come at a price. As we ushered in the year of the Rat and the beginning of February, businesses everywhere competing with one another through lucrative offers of bouquets, candy boxes and cute novelty gifts to attract desperate and forgetful partners who are seeking last minute options.
Sadly, these offers aren’t lucrative as it seems. The minimum you can pay for a small bouquet and tiny box of chocolates is at least RM 100. For some people, that’s quite a fair sum of money, really. But then, the heart wants what it wants or does it?
A Gift From the Heart
Who doesn’t love gifts? Gifts bring joy to everyone who receives it and when a perfect gift is given, nothing touches the soul more. This Valentine’s Day, let’s make a change together. Instead of getting typical Valentine’s Day gifts of flowers and chocolates, let’s gift our loved ones the gift of an experience of senses, filled with love and sincerity, all in one bite.
As a gift to you on this day of love, this strawberry marble pound cake recipe will make even the coldest of hearts melt in a swirl of delicious strawberry swirled in a sweet, buttery dream. Besides, at less than RM 50, you not only make your loved ones smile you can save a couple of ringgits as well!
- 250g butter, softened
- 2 cups castor sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspon of salt
- 1 cup of full cream milk
- 2 teaspoons of strawberry emulco
- Heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Grease and flour a 10 x 4 inch tube pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla. Beat the mixer on high speed, scraping the bowl occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add in flour, baking powder and salt alternately with milk on low speed until just mixed.
- Take 1/4 cup of batter and place it in a different bowl and add in the strawberry emulco. Stir until combined.
- Pour 1/4 of the main batter into the cake pan first and then 1/2 the strawberry batter. Repeat this with rest of batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 minutes. Cool cake for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Sweetening Your Love this Valentine’s
We can just imagine this delectable cake in the middle of a beautifully set table and you enjoying it with your significant other. But why just imagine it? Send us a picture of you and your partner posing lovingly with the cake. Just tag us with a simple @butterkicap or #butterkicap on your social media accounts.
If you are excited for more delicious ideas for your romantic dinner date, feel free to scroll our Instagram feed or Facebook page for ideas.