It’s the Valentine’s weekend and to all the couples out there, congratulations on making it to another year, stronger than ever. So, we are sure that you have plenty of activities planned. Some opt for a more vigorous outdoor activity like an early morning hike to watch the sunrise together while some opt for a relaxing one like going on a couple’s massage or catch the latest movie playing at the nearest cinema. Whatever you chose to do with your partner, one thing that you need for sure, is a quick, delicious and healthy snack.
As wonderful as going out and eating at a nice restaurant, nothing shows you love your partner more than a surprise snack when hunger pangs start to pay a visit. We guess the saying, ‘the way to a person’s heart is through the stomach’ is true!
The Recipe for a Perfect Date
Since it’s a romantic weekend for most of us, we have decided to sweeten it up even more with this delicious rose marzipan date recipe. Since most Valentine’s Day activities require a lot of energy (wink wink), this delicious snack is just perfect as an in-between snack. You must be wondering, how this tiny, wrinkly fruit is such a good energy booster?
Well, dates are rich in natural sugars which 75% of these sugars are carbohydrates that are quickly digested in the body and turned into a big energy hit. Besides, it is so easy and quick to make that before you even realize it, you have whipped up some more before you need a second snack break.
- 20 to 25 plump fresh dates
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of rosewater
- Castor sugar
- Toasted almond flakes, chopped
- Fresh rose petals, crystalized or dried
- Edible gold dust
- Slit the dates open lengthwise and remove the stones/pits.
- Put the icing sugar and ground almonds in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add a little lemon juice and rosewater.
- Gradually, combine the dry and wet ingredients using a cold fork to work the mixture into a firm paste.
- At first, it will appear to not have enough moisture but eventually the almonds will release their natural oils.
- Divide the marzipan equally between the dates and decorate as desired.
Keep The Energy High
Nothing makes a day perfect than some sweets? We hope you love this rose marzipan date recipe as much as we do. To share the love around, do share with us a picture of you trying out this lovely snack by tagging us on Instagram or Facebook. We’d love to hear all about how these dates bring you and partner together this Valentine’s. Have fun and keep the energy high!