Personal Data Protection Notice
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how Ketara Media Sdn Bhd a company incorporated under the laws of Malaysia with its place of business at A-13A-12A, Atria Sofo Suites, Jalan SS22/23, Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia uses your Personal Data.
By using Butterkicap’s website [http://www.butterkicap.com] (“Website”) or any of our products and/or services, you consent to the processing of your Personal Data by Ketara Media Sdn Bhd and all persons involved in the provision of services by Ketara Media Sdn Bhd.
Ketara Media Sdn Bhd shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on our Website. By continuing to use Butterkicap’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this notice, you will be treated as having agreed to and accepted those modifications, updates or amendments
If you do not agree to this Notice or any amendments to this policy, we may not be able to render all services to you and you may be required to terminate your relevant agreement with us and/or stop accessing or using our services.
Collection of Personal Data
- “Personal Data” means information about you which you have provided Ketara Media Sdn Bhd, including but not limited to your name, city, email address, contact number, gender, company, job title, qualification, national Identity card number, date of birth and photograph and any information which may identify you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by Ketara Media Sdn Bhd from time to time.
- In addition to the Personal Data you provide to Ketara Media Sdn Bhd directly (i.e. during your communications with Ketara Media Sdn Bhd] and/or when registering your account on our Website to use our product and/or services), Ketara Media Sdn Bhd may also collect from Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation, at any events, seminars, road shows, customer satisfaction surveys organised and/or sponsored by us and/or from the cookies used on the Website.
3. The collection of your Personal Data by us may be mandatory or voluntary in nature. Mandatory personal data are those that we require in order to provide you with our products and services. Voluntary personal data are those that are not mandatory in order for us to provide you with our products and services. If you do not provide us with voluntary personal data, you may not use our services or access certain sections of the Website where log in is required.
Purposes of Processing
- Ketara Media Sdn Bhd may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes of providing you our services and/or products which include, but not limited to the following:
- To communicate with you;
- To assess, process and provide products, services and/or facilities to you;
- To establish your identity and background;
- To provide you with information and/or updates on our products, services, upcoming promotions offered by us and/or events organised by us and selected third parties which may be of interest to you from time to time;
- To maintain and update our internal records;
- For internal administrative purposes;
- To process and analyse your Personal Data either individually or collectively with other individuals;
- To conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns and choices, planning and statistical and trend analysis in relation to our products and/or services;
- To share any of your Personal Data with the auditor for our internal audit and reporting purposes;
- To share any of your Personal Data with our business partners to jointly develop products and/or services or launch marketing campaigns;
- For audit, risk management and security purposes; and
- For meeting any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to us.
And you agree and consent to Ketara Media Sdn Bhd using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice, as may be modified, updated or amended from time to time.
- You have a choice to withdraw your consent for receiving promotional materials; you may contact us using the contact details found below.
Transfer of Personal Data
- As Ketara Media Sdn Bhd data storage facilities and servers may be located in other jurisdictions, your Personal Data may be stored, processed, used and transferred to a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. Please note that these jurisdictions might not offer a level of data protection that is equivalent to that offered in Malaysia under the laws of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure of Personal Data
- We will not sell, rent, transfer or disclose any of your Personal Data to any third party without your consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties (not exhaustive), for one or more of the purposes mentioned above:
- Information technology (IT) service providers;
- Data entry service providers;
- Storage facility providers;
- Any professional advisors and external auditors;
- Regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
- Our business partners, third party product and/or service providers, suppliers, vendors, contractors, or agents, on a need to know basis, that provided related products and/or services in connection with our business, or discharge or perform one or more of the above purposes and other purposes required to operate and maintain our business; and
- In the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale/disposal of any of our business or interest, merger, acquisition, consolidation, re-organisation, funding exercise or asset sale relating to us, or in the event of winding-up (“Transaction”), your Personal Data may be required to be disclosed or transferred to a third party as a result of, or in connection with, the Transactions. You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and permit us to disclose and transfer your Personal Data to such third party and its advisers/representatives.
Access / Correction and Update of Personal Data
- If there are any changes to your personal data or if you believe that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, not up-to-date, please contact the following so that we may take steps to update your personal data:
A-13A-12A, Atria Sofo Suites, Jalan 22/23, Damansara Jaya, 474000 Petaling Jaya
T: +603 7731 7037
- You have the right to access your personal data. If you would like to request access to your personal data, please contact us. We may also take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request for access to your personal data.
Retention of Personal Data
- Any of your Personal Data provided to us is retained for as long as the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected continues; your Personal Data is then destroyed from our records and systems in accordance with our retention policy in the event your Personal Data is no longer required for the said purposes unless its further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet our operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
Security of Personal Data
- We are committed to take best efforts to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data.
- We cannot and do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our reasonable control.
- The Website may include interactive platforms such as comments’ sections. Please be informed that information disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when disclosing any of your personal information in these areas.
In no event shall we, our subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees be liable for any damages (direct or indirect) special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the use of our Website by third parties.
We reserve the right to remove any content that is found to be offensive, inappropriate or infringing any third party’s rights and is in violation of any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation.