Hi! Welcome to the our happy little space. We’re a small group of friends who believe that we should save our heritage recipes for all and immortalise great Malaysian food stories as told by people who rarely make it into the news: our aunts, uncles, moms, dads or grandmas who are super cooks, or the farmers, villagers, small entrepreneurs and artists who work hard to make our Malaysian food experience memorable.
If you want to tell their story or share recipes through words, illustrations, photographs or videos, send us your story to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
1. Your topic or recipe
2. Tell us your length of words/video, illustration or photo story
3. Samples of your writing, video, photography or illustration style
4. A short profile about you
Do you have a mini cooking or baking superstar you would like us to feature on Butterkicap? You can submit a video subject to our Butterkicap’s Kitchen Lab approval. Here’s what we need:
- A cooking or baking video featuring a child no more than 5 minutes in length.
- Ensure that the videos submitted are not too bulky in size. A three-minute video should be no more than 300mb in size. We will allow for up to 500mb for videos that are 5 minutes in duration.
- Submit the recipe in written from along with cooking/baking directions.
- A brief bio or write up of the that you would like us to feature.
- Return the consent form for Butterkicap to feature the video on Butterkicap.com as well as Butterkicap’s YouTube channel. Consent for available here.
We look forward to hearing from you!
A few things to keep in mind:
√ Be yourself. We encourage our writers to inject their personality into their writing.
√ Original stories or article angles that we have yet to feature on Butterkicap would be prioritised. We are always looking for new and unique content.
√ Do not submit the same article more than once. If you don’t hear from us after two weeks, please submit a new article.
√ Your article must be in final form. Do not submit drafts or updates (see above).
√ If you are submitting under a nickname, please specify in your email.
√ For press releases, email to email@example.com, or mail it to A-13A-12A, Atria Sofo Suites, Jalan SS22/23, Damansara Jaya, 47400 PJ.
To give you an idea on what stories work best, here are some articles that have been widely read by our readers: