A few days ago, a group of food writers at Butterkicap were found in an unconscious state at their office. Food police have confirmed that they were unconscious as a result of consuming a bucket of a highly addictive chocolate cookies. These chocolate cookies are apparently made using a top secret recipes which has now been accidentally leaked.
The recipe is rapidly spreading across Malaysia, and people are not immune to it. The situation is dire forcing the cookie nation to declared a state of emergency. The food police are asking for your cooperation to help find anyone holding onto the top-secret cookie, recipe or final product!
If you ever come across it, only eat it at your own risk. Sides effects may include a chocolate cookie coma and increases in endorphin levels.
Death by Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Adapted and modified from here.
- 1 ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175 °C and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and chocolate chips. Heat on high power for 1 minute with 15-second interval to stir. Mix them until the chocolate has completely melted and has a smooth consistency.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until pale, light and fluffy. Scrape the sides now and then.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add in vanilla and mix until just combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients, and then add in gradually to the other bowl, stirring until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips, reserving a few for the tops of the cookies.
- Shape 1 tablespoon portion of the dough into balls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Top it with a few chocolate chips and allow some gap in between for it to spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges and top have just set, but still soft and chewy. Do not overbake!
- Allow the cookies to cool on the sheets for 10 minutes.
- Replace brown sugar with gula melaka for a Malaysian touch
- Instead of chocolate chips, you can also use chocolate chunks which means: more surprise in every bite! The pieces distribute more evenly throughout the cookie than standard chocolate chips.
Have you ever come across or tried this recipe? If you have, please report your experience to us by commenting down below. Share this recipe with your loved ones to let them know about this news as well! Until then, beware of this recipe!