It’s a week day. It’s raining. And your kids are having the sniffles. You know you need to nurse them back to health and you want to avoid those awful tasting over-the-counter medicines. So what can you do? You can make this feel good double boiled honey dew soup for a dose of nutrition and healing for your entire family in just a few steps.
Nourishing and soothing, all it asks of you is to prepare some old chicken, shiitake mushrooms, dried oysters, ginkgo nuts, honey dew, abalone and other ingredients – that bring comforting flavor when you don’t have the energy to.
This whole recipe just needs 8 steps, 10 ingredients and a ceramic double boiler to make your life easy. Here, we follow Sidney Kan’s recipe and use the Philips Premium Collection All-In-One Multicooker to make this magical soup, aaaaaand it’s done.
- 1/4 small old chicken
- 2-3 pre-soaked shiitake mushrooms
- 2-3 pre-soaked dried oyster
- 1 pc pre-soaked dried sea snail meat
- 3 pcs pre-soaked mini abalone
- 6 pcs gingko nut
- 3 pcs wood ears mushroom
- 1/4 skinned honey dew
- supreme soy sauce
- Put all the ingredients into the ceramic double boiler except salt and supreme soy sauce.
- Fill the ceramic double boiler with water. Close the cover, wrap the ceramic double boiler with cling wrap.
- Set the metal stand/bamboo chopstick in the pot.
- Add a cup of water.
- Set the ceramic double boiler in the pot.
- Close the cover, seal the valve.
- Select poultry mode and set timer to 45 min.
- Once done, ready to serve.
Of course, it’s so simple you could watch the TV while preparing this soup. We love how its extra hearty lusciousness adds a comforting feel to this. So if you are ever feeling under the weather yourself, you can make this anytime in just 8 steps. Oh and don’t forget to call your mom. Pop us a message on Instagram or Facebook if you’d like more recipes like these or if you would like to submit a recipe yourself. We love hearing from you.