Nothing’s better than tropical fruit drinks like the ones made using pineapples and/or mangoes. Besides the obvious health benefits that we obtained from drinking these juices, fruity summer coolers make you feel as if you are on vacation even when at home!
How many times have you wish to prepare a fancy drink at home but you end up changing your mind because you think it will expensive? Many times, we think. Well, good news for you, these fancy drinks are not at all fancy. With just some basic ingredients you have at home, you can transform a simple glass of mango juice to one that is worth RM 40 per glass at any typical restaurant here.
Tony Roma’s Inspired
We have always thought that is an art to mix your own mocktails but we were stand corrected when we had the privilege to “bartend” at Tony Roma’s. It is all about the right measurements and the drink recipe we are sharing today will prove it to you.
Inspired by Tony Roma’s own Mango Tango, we have decided to create one of our own and the result is one lip-smacking sourish concoction that is perfect for a warm day.
So, let’s get crackalakin’ and make the drink!
- 50ml milk
- 100ml 7-Up Carbonated Soda
- 50ml Pomegranate Juice
- 100ml Mango Juice
- 1 red cherry
- 1 sprig of mint leaves
- Add in the mango juice into the shaker.
- Add in the 7-up into the shaker and shake well.
- Add in the pomegranate juice into a glass.
- Filled the glass with ice til the rim.
- Pour the shaken mixture into the ice-filled glass.
- Top up with milk.
- Use any citrus-flavoured soda available in the market. If you want to make it the drink healthier, replace the carbonated soda with some plain ol’ soda water.
- If you are not a fan of promegranate juice, you can replace it with
- No cherries? No problem! Get a handful of basil seeds, soaked til fully swelled up and add in the drink or just put a wedge of lime. Easy!
- If you do not own a shaker, don’t beat yourself up. Use a spoon or a ladle and mix the liquids manually.
So, what’s your verdict? Like it, Love it, don’t forget to let us see your version of this recipe by hashtagging us (# butterkicap) on Instagram or Facebook. Feel free to add and omit the ingredients. At the end of the day, it is you who will be trying it, so let your creativity juices flow and make a special concoction just for you to enjoy!