What better way to brave through the scorching Malaysian weather than with a glass of ice cold Pandan Soy Delight; the latest cool offering from Tony Roma’s. We love that this new drink very much reflects and suits the Malaysian palate. Why? Because it uses two of our most favourite ingredients; pandan and soy milk!
Instead of fantasising about it, how bout we make one now? Yes we have the recipe! Thanks Tony Roma’s for inspiring us so. No, we are not making it exactly how Tony Roma’s make it so that you can try it at home.
This recipe will serve up to 1 glass of this delightful Malaysian drink.
- 100ml pandan syrup
- 200ml soy milk
- In drink shaker, add in pandan syrup.
- Pour soy milk in the shaker, shake well.
- Fill 1/3 of a glass with ice.
- Drizzle caramel sauce around the glass, 1 inch from the rim.
- Pour the shaken mixture into the glass.
- Top with Soy Milk.
- To make the pandan syrup, blend pandan leaves with water first. Then, sieve the jus to filter all the leafy residue. To know how to make the perfect pandan juice, learn here! Later, just heat up the juice with some sugar to create a syrup. Alternatively, you can use pandan colouring and flavouring but, nothing beats making pure pandan syrup from scratch.
- If you do not own a shaker, just stir manually.
- Not a fan of caramel sauce? No worries, make a gula melaka syrup instead!
So, what’s your verdict? Like it, Love it, don’t forget to let us see your version of this recipe by hashtagging us (# butterkicap) on Instagram or Facebook. Feel free to add and omit the ingredients. At the end of the day, it is you who will be trying it, so let your creativity juices flow and make a special concoction just for you to enjoy!